Mission and Goal Statement
To enrich lives and our community through universal access to knowledge and ideas.
To bring people together by inspiring and supporting lifelong learning, creativity, and literacy.
To remain a free and equitable place for everyone to discover, create and share ideas and information.
The general library goals of the Spring Valley Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to a) become well informed, b) locate answers to important questions, c) cultivate the imagination and creative expression, d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s customers.
- To review regularly these goals of the Spring Valley Public Library and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new developments.
The Spring Valley Public Library Board meets monthly on the first Tuesday at 5:15PM in the Library.
Meetings are open to the public.
President: Mike Martin
Vice President: Aleah Hamilton
Secretary: Makenzie Fedors
School District Representative, Secretary: Katie Manor
Village Board Representative: Rich O’Connell
Spring Valley Public Library
E121 South 2nd St.
Spring Valley, WI
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Fax: Free-will donation
Copy/Printing: Free-will donation
Scanning: Free of charge
Laminating (8 1/2 x 11 only): Free-will donation
Proctoring Services for Student Exams
Federal/State Tax Forms & Instructions: available in print or printed from online free of charge.